spectra gives insight into synaesthesia, a fascinating phenomenon where the trigger of one sense simultaneously and involuntarily triggers a second sense: music opens a space full of colours, the number four is orange and the touch of velvet tastes like nutmeg. spectra evolves around the individual processing of information received by the senses and celebrates the uniqueness of the perception of each individual. The film is inspired by the director’s research into the relationship between synaesthesia dance and embodiment and her intention to promote diversity in society by the example of synaesthesia.
Attendance at Light Moves Festival of Screendance 2017 supported by Goethe-Institute Ireland.
director & choreographer
performer & choreography
camera & edit
- 1st Internation Screendance Film Festival Freiburg (GER)
- American Dance Festival – Movies by Movers (USA)
- Seyr Festival Teheran (IRN)
- Evolve on Screen – Platform for Emerging Artists / Bath Spa University (UK)
- Dance Screen Space – Screendance Symposium Bath Spa University (UK)
- The Golden Mince Pie Award / Bath Spa University (UK)
- Lightmoves Festival for Screendance / Limerick (IRL)
- Open Space / Bath Spa University (UK)
- Evolve Dance on Screen / Bath Spa University (UK)
year of production
yes/ HD (1-1-1)